Friday, October 26, 2007

Sundown over Long Reach

Another week of work is over and quiet has come to our home. A pot of Mom's Dahl fragrantly simmers on the stove all ready for Sabbath dinner. Rollo is resting on the front porch after a vigorous walk out the lane with us. Merlin surveys him somewhat disdainfully from a safe distance and though he wouldn't admit it, draws some companionship from his presence. Merlin has been eating a good bit more heartily of late and is putting on some poundage against the coming winter's cold. Only the oaks still have their leaves and are fast thinning. Miss you all but draw comfort knowing you are each in the hands of an Almighty God. Happy Sabbath, Dad

4 comments:

Barry Howe said...

That's a very beautiful picture. I had a great sabbath, but I wish I could have eaten some of that Dahl

The View from Great Island said...

I wish you could have eaten some too. We took it to pot luck and I had to scrape the pot thoroughly to have any luck at all at getting a taste. Mom will have to make a double portion next time

Jonas said...

Dad,
I appreciate your creative and unique writing style, I can almost hear you speaking.

Paul said...

I'll be home for Christmas...